In the 1980s Japan coined the term shinrin-yoku — ‘forest bathing’ — to describe the physiological & psychological exercise of consciously connecting with nature.
Of course this form of ecotherapy is nothing new, however these studies proved that immersion in nature with the stimulation of the five senses leads to a heightened state of awareness. Forest emersion activates the parasympathetic nervous system (rest, digest mode), lowers cortisol, and increases a sense of wellness by releasing neurotransmitters oxytocin & endorphins.
What’s more, the combination of walking in exposure to sunlight induces bilateral brain stimulation: the pattern of moving one leg after the other activates the right and the left hemispheres of the brain. This bilateral stimulation helps the brain to process and neutralize trauma, and quite literally ‘move forward’ to process emotional situations that previously felt ‘stuck’. In turn, this bioenergetic activity provides clarity, insight and closure, and guides us towards a relaxed, integrated state of mind-body wellness.
Not only is nature an anecdote for tech-stress burn out, it is also a call home. An invitation to return to our natural environment. to remember that that we, humans, are nature. A reminder of mortality, fleeting moments in succession; the gift of being. That life on earth is abundant, full of wonder and opportunity.
Pro Tip: No accessible woods nearby? Enter into a meditation and deeply visualize the woods around you. Since the brain cannot differentiate between imagination and reality, if you concentrate on meandering through the woods, your brain will release the same neurochemicals and healing effects as if you were actually there! Nature sounds youtube playlist for sure helps. Happy forest bathing!
my life changed drastically when I started treating nutrition as an art. I noticeably feel lighter in my body, my heart, my gut.
mindful eating is an intentional practice that synchronizes the gut-brain connection, aids in digestion and improves overall energetic well-being.
I’ve struggled with gut issues and food intolerances for as long as I can remember. I always just associated eating with feeling heavy, tired, foggy, sick af. turns out, those were symptoms to an underlying gut imbalance and undiagnosed intolerances to common chemicals. & there’s for sure another way 👻
it’s been a long, desperate, bloaty journey of trial and error, extensive research, trying out different cleanses and supplements, and *listening* to my body (key step)… but I think I’ve finally figured it out for myself (while recognizing that every body is different).
as a bonus: holistic nutrition has become a passion of mine along the way.
⬇️ post your fave emoji below 😜 if you want me to start a gut-focused, gluten-free, plant-based food blog 🧚♀️🥦🫐🍐🍋
check out other recipes in the ‘potions’ bubble on my instagram page!
#plantbased #nutrition #foodasmedicine #holisticnutrition #glutenfree #vegan #candida #listentoyourgut #plantbasedrecipes #glutenfreerecipes #probiotics #prebiotics #healthyeating #cleaneating #organic #potions #food #medicine #veganrecipes #dairyfree #dairyfreerecipes #healthy #vegandesserts #glutenfreedesserts #plantbaseddesserts #digestion #mindgutconnection #guthealth #gutbrainconnection #gutbrain
the heart’s electromagnetic field emits a frequency that carries information, known as cardioelectromagnetic communication. this rhythmic field has a measurable 3 metre radius is 5000x more magnetic than the brain.
what you feel, you attract.
the heart has its own 'brain' that contains 40k neurons, giving the heart its own nervous system. in fact, the heart sends more signals to the brain than the brain to the heart.
I've been told that the longest journey is that from the head to the heart. this, is the spiritual journey. to come back to your centre, every moment. to remember love in place of overthinking, self-limiting beliefs and fears of all shades.
when you come back to the heart you come back to your centre. and there is no limit to what you can experience and manifest when you are aligned with your heart centre.
it all starts with self-love.
how do you love yourself?
how do you practice radical self-care?
how do you connect from your heart, and lead from there?
sending love to you,
1. you feel others deeply. when someone else is overwhelmed, sad or angry, you tend to absorb their energy as if it was your own. after an emotional encounter, it takes you a while to shake off the feeling, even if you’re able to mentally let go of the event or situation.
2. you’re highly sensitive to everything. from processed food, products and mind-altering substance, to sensory stimuli such as noise, smell, and light. you can’t handle violence in the cinema and find it difficult to watch the news. what seems ‘normal’ and neutral for others can be more uncomfortable, startling, painful or nauseating for you.
3. you find it difficult to set boundaries or say no. partly because you genuinely feel and want to help others, but mostly because you can’t differentiate your emotions from their emotions. in this blur of boundaries and sensation it can be confusing to know where you start and they end.
being highly sensitive doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with you, although it can feel that way without the proper tools and understanding. ultimately hsp (high sensory perception) is a gift; your nervous system is attuned to the subtler frequencies. when wielded, you can control it as a superpower — and unlock your highest potential.
I offer various trainings and classes to empower the unhealed empath into a bad ass master of light. get in touch about how we can work together, 1:1 or group programs.
#empath #empowered #activate #empoweredempath #bioenergetics #online #reiki #healing #biofield #quantumphysics #spiritscience #spirit #love #goodvibes #meditation #quantummeditation #bienetre #wellness #yoga #flow #quantummystics #illume #reikitraining #lightwork #lightworkers #lightworker
relate to any of these? I’m here to #activate healers and empower empaths. get in touch about 1:1 sessions and upcoming group trainings to harness your natural gift with a lifelong toolkit and level up ⚡️🦋⚡️
libra rules partnership, connection, harmony & justice. if there is anything off balance or lacking in your relationships, this is the time to address it.
of course this applies to all relationships, but also the relationship you have with yourself.
how do you show up for yourself?
how do you treat yourself, speak to yourself?
how do you set yourself up for success?
now is the time to evaluate the different relationships in your life.
is there harmony in how you give & receive?
do you feel accepted, valued, understood ?
are you overly accommodating to make others happy?
do you have healthy boundaries?
do you communicate them clearly?
ideally, new moons are a time to set intentions for the month ahead.
it helps to speak it out loud or write it down. if there is a conversation that needs to be had in a partnership, this is a beneficial time to express your desires, needs & expectations.
1. They aren’t going anywhere! Your shadow side is a part of your subconscious whole, it necessarily exists. If you do not ‘befriend’ the shadow it will still remain — lurking like demons in the dark. Befriend the shadow, and then you’ve got demons fighting *for* you — rather than against you. Trust me, you want them on your side #dreamteam
2. Your weaknesses can become your strengths! There are high and low expression of all characteristics. When wielded and healed, your impatience becomes your driven productivity. Your aggression becomes your strength and assertiveness. Your indecisiveness becomes your fair mindedness and flexibility. When brought into conscious awareness, you can *transform* the underlying energy into a superpower — rather than letting it control you. Reclaim your energy.
3. It’s actually not as scary as you think it is! At the core our ‘demons’ aren’t actually as freaky as we fear them to be — they are simply projections of an unhealed ‘inner child’. When we shine a light on the shadow we just see hurt parts of ourselves that need a little love. The only way through is through, and it’s not the shadow itself but that *repression* of shadow that is painful and destructive.
Interested in joining an online journey from shadow to light? Get in touch about my upcoming program on how to transform your shadowside into a superpower 👻 Sessions start in October 2021.
If we spend a third of our lives asleep, why tf not optimize our dream time ?
since ancient civilization the act of dreaming was considered supernatural communication and the art of interpretation was held in high regard.
the Sumerians of Mesopotamia understood dreams to be prophetic, so kings would base decisions of expansion and battle on dream interpretation alone. in ancient Egypt, priests were given the mighty role of dream interpretation. in classical antiquity the ancient greeks constructed temples for which they would incubate dreams with the aim to cure the sick. in Greco-Roman medicine, divine dreams from the healing god Asclepius were among many available sources of medical knowledge.
fast-foward to modern times, with the portable Freud’s “Interpretation of Dreams” and a simple google search at our fingertips, we have a widespread network dream interpretation available. so why isn’t this the norm ?
if you cultivate a daily practice of lucidity in your waking life, it will trickle over into your sleeping life. to become lucid in a dream, in other words, to become aware that you are in a dream, empowers you to experience, heal, learn, explore in ways that are unavailable in waking life. as our subconscious mind speaks in metaphors, symbols and feelings, our dream time is a phenomenal time to directly communicate with the mind, to understand and reprogram, and you guessed it… shadow work!
to learn more about how you can optimize your dream time, join my online training illume: a transformational program designed to help you reclaim your subconscious power. sessions start in august, link in bio xo
1. you will start to notice your triggers instead of reacting to them. when something comes up that would have usually swayed you emotionally, you will have space to become the ‘silent witness’ and investigate further. things that used to piss us off now become interesting opportunities for growth and self-knowing.
2. your weaknesses will become your gifts. through shadow work you can transmute your character ‘flaws’ into your greatest strengths. i.e. if your shadow side is aggressive and impulsive, you can translate these lower vibrations into their higher vibrational match — passion and action. channeled towards your goals, you can be productive af!
3. your relationships will improve as you will become more understanding and compassionate, for both yourself and the unhealed parts of others. when you begin to heal your ‘inner child’ (your core wounding patterns) you will communicate more consciously and stop taking things so personally — because you recognize that other people’s shit has nothing to do with you, and also it is not your responsibility to heal!
interested in healing your subconscious and becoming an empowered light worker in the process? enrolment is open for illume: shadow to light, my 5 week online transformational program to transmute your shadowside in a superpower. sessions start august 3, dm for more info xo
1. emotional outbursts. when you think you’re holding it together but then suddenly implode in a seemingly uncontrollable way. all that has been buried comes to the surface, and it’s neither graceful nor kind. sometimes the strangest little thing sets you off, which is a trigger that points to the deeper unresolved shadow counterpart.
2. addictions. the unhealed shadow seeks escape in various habits i.e. substance / entertainment / relationships / exercise / work. originally developed as a coping mechanism these habits become toxic overtime and are the ultimate distraction from healing and growth. healing the shadow is getting to the root of the addiction and replacing the void with loving awareness.
3. attracting the same toxic relationship dynamics + patterns. until you heal your ‘inner child’ (the core wounding patterns developed before the age of 7, based on family dynamics) you will continue to seek out and re-enact similar unhealthy relationship dynamics as an adult. subconsciously you are trying to ‘resolve’ the initial relationship pattern but with your new partner (wow baggage) but ultimately that resolution must come from within you, as a shift of consciousness and by giving your inner child what it needs.
wanna heal your inner child and become a badass lightworker in the process? join illume: shadow to light, an online transformational program to turn your shadowside into a superpower. sessions start august 3. link in bio xo