1. They aren’t going anywhere! Your shadow side is a part of your subconscious whole, it necessarily exists. If you do not ‘befriend’ the shadow it will still remain — lurking like demons in the dark. Befriend the shadow, and then you’ve got demons fighting *for* you — rather than against you. Trust me, you want them on your side #dreamteam
2. Your weaknesses can become your strengths! There are high and low expression of all characteristics. When wielded and healed, your impatience becomes your driven productivity. Your aggression becomes your strength and assertiveness. Your indecisiveness becomes your fair mindedness and flexibility. When brought into conscious awareness, you can *transform* the underlying energy into a superpower — rather than letting it control you. Reclaim your energy.
3. It’s actually not as scary as you think it is! At the core our ‘demons’ aren’t actually as freaky as we fear them to be — they are simply projections of an unhealed ‘inner child’. When we shine a light on the shadow we just see hurt parts of ourselves that need a little love. The only way through is through, and it’s not the shadow itself but that *repression* of shadow that is painful and destructive.
Interested in joining an online journey from shadow to light? Get in touch about my upcoming program on how to transform your shadowside into a superpower 👻 Sessions start in October 2021.
If we spend a third of our lives asleep, why tf not optimize our dream time ?
since ancient civilization the act of dreaming was considered supernatural communication and the art of interpretation was held in high regard.
the Sumerians of Mesopotamia understood dreams to be prophetic, so kings would base decisions of expansion and battle on dream interpretation alone. in ancient Egypt, priests were given the mighty role of dream interpretation. in classical antiquity the ancient greeks constructed temples for which they would incubate dreams with the aim to cure the sick. in Greco-Roman medicine, divine dreams from the healing god Asclepius were among many available sources of medical knowledge.
fast-foward to modern times, with the portable Freud’s “Interpretation of Dreams” and a simple google search at our fingertips, we have a widespread network dream interpretation available. so why isn’t this the norm ?
if you cultivate a daily practice of lucidity in your waking life, it will trickle over into your sleeping life. to become lucid in a dream, in other words, to become aware that you are in a dream, empowers you to experience, heal, learn, explore in ways that are unavailable in waking life. as our subconscious mind speaks in metaphors, symbols and feelings, our dream time is a phenomenal time to directly communicate with the mind, to understand and reprogram, and you guessed it… shadow work!
to learn more about how you can optimize your dream time, join my online training illume: a transformational program designed to help you reclaim your subconscious power. sessions start in august, link in bio xo
1. you will start to notice your triggers instead of reacting to them. when something comes up that would have usually swayed you emotionally, you will have space to become the ‘silent witness’ and investigate further. things that used to piss us off now become interesting opportunities for growth and self-knowing.
2. your weaknesses will become your gifts. through shadow work you can transmute your character ‘flaws’ into your greatest strengths. i.e. if your shadow side is aggressive and impulsive, you can translate these lower vibrations into their higher vibrational match — passion and action. channeled towards your goals, you can be productive af!
3. your relationships will improve as you will become more understanding and compassionate, for both yourself and the unhealed parts of others. when you begin to heal your ‘inner child’ (your core wounding patterns) you will communicate more consciously and stop taking things so personally — because you recognize that other people’s shit has nothing to do with you, and also it is not your responsibility to heal!
interested in healing your subconscious and becoming an empowered light worker in the process? enrolment is open for illume: shadow to light, my 5 week online transformational program to transmute your shadowside in a superpower. sessions start august 3, dm for more info xo
1. emotional outbursts. when you think you’re holding it together but then suddenly implode in a seemingly uncontrollable way. all that has been buried comes to the surface, and it’s neither graceful nor kind. sometimes the strangest little thing sets you off, which is a trigger that points to the deeper unresolved shadow counterpart.
2. addictions. the unhealed shadow seeks escape in various habits i.e. substance / entertainment / relationships / exercise / work. originally developed as a coping mechanism these habits become toxic overtime and are the ultimate distraction from healing and growth. healing the shadow is getting to the root of the addiction and replacing the void with loving awareness.
3. attracting the same toxic relationship dynamics + patterns. until you heal your ‘inner child’ (the core wounding patterns developed before the age of 7, based on family dynamics) you will continue to seek out and re-enact similar unhealthy relationship dynamics as an adult. subconsciously you are trying to ‘resolve’ the initial relationship pattern but with your new partner (wow baggage) but ultimately that resolution must come from within you, as a shift of consciousness and by giving your inner child what it needs.
wanna heal your inner child and become a badass lightworker in the process? join illume: shadow to light, an online transformational program to turn your shadowside into a superpower. sessions start august 3. link in bio xo
1. the shadow consciousness is primarily formed between the ages 0-7. until it is healed, you will be unable to psychologically evolve fully into an adult. in other words, unless you resolve your childhood trauma and reprogram your conditionings you will never fully advance from childhood, but rather remain stuck victim of a juvenile mentality. healing the shadow is growing tf up.
2. in the words of carl jung, ‘until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct you life and you will call it fate.’ in total 95% of consciousness is unknown, meaning you are only aware of 5% of your thoughts. until you bring the shadow into light your subconscious will be running the show.. and you will just accept it as ‘the way it is’. when you bring your subconscious into conscious awareness it loses power over you, and with practice you can reprogram it to default the life you truly desire.
3. the shadow is famous for self-sabotaging and taking the reins in the most inconvenient of times i.e. en route to a promotion, in a healthy relationship, in a ‘good place’ in your personal life.. basically the moment you’re about to *level up*. the shadow pops up in and is like ‘hey you’re growing let’s fuck it up!’ and then manifests as some sort of unconscious act of rebellion i.e devolution to toxic patterns or emotional outbursts or (insert type of) escapism. until the shadow is healed it will always be working *against you* rather than *for you*. when the shadow is healed. it becomes a true superpower 🤙💫
interested in transmuting your shadowside into a superpower? get in touch for more details on my online transformational program, illume: shadow to light. sessions start august 3. we’re going back to the root <3 earlybird promo ends tomorrow.
shadow work is learning how to dance in the dark. lightwork is remembering that you are Light itself, & wielding your natural ability to manipulate energy in the quantum field. both practices are integral to heal the whole.
#shadowwork brings light to the subconscious conditionings & repressed trauma accumulated in the human experience (mostly before 7 y/o). #lightwork helps move & release these experiences stored as energetic blockages in the subconscious body.
I spent most of my life struggling with my shadow. when I started practicing reiki in 2009 something huge shifted. I began to perceive & transmute my shadow with more clarity & ease. for sure not claiming the process was easy or painless but it was one of the most important things I have done as human. & I’m SO grateful to guide others on this journey to reclaim their power & heal tf up.
I have developed an online transformational program to offer tried & true methods in a demystified step-by-step guide to shadow work, combined with a training in reiki & bioenergetics.
join me for illume: shadow to light. sessions start august 3, early bird discount until june 31 🕊 limited space. link in bio, dm for more info.
we all have a shadow side that exists as a part of the subconscious whole. it is the side of yourself that you cannot see clearly, or likely at all. it is formed by the conditionings, traumas and repressed emotions of the human experience. the shadow pops up in the most inopportune of moments (lol oops) in a shady attempt to sabotage our efforts to advance, heal, succeed. Shadow Work consists of illuminating the shadow — bringing into consciousness the unconscious, integrating it and healing the whole.
shadow work is like being the detective of your own personal psyche. it’s thrilling. it’s messy. and it can be fun! but more than anything it is SO important and worth it to reclaim your conditionings and transmute your challenges into STRENGTHS. transfer all that energy to work *for* you, rather than against you. this way your greatest obstacles become your greatest assets. it sounds cliché because it’s true!
the shadow may manifest as :
- toxic impulses + addictive habits
- lowvibe patterns, attracting same dysfunctional relationships / situations
- aggression, passive aggression
- fear, desire, anger, greed
- emotional outbursts + unproportional reactions
- emotional repression, denial of reality
- feelings of unworthiness, ego-centric delusion
in this introduction to shadow work we will be going through a series of thought exercises to illuminate your personal shadows with heart-centred restorative yoga postures, breathing exercises and hypnotic meditation with reiki assist.
ecstatic shaking is so healing !
the kundalini shake is an integral part of my daily practice. after a session I feel lightness, euphoria, clarity, balance. studies show that ‘shake medicine’ or ‘bioenergetics’ is an immediate and effective way to release emotion, stress and physical tension. further, shake medicine is a proven method to release trauma on physical (myofascial), emotional and psychological levels (it is not uncommon that you’ll get in a good cry after a shake lol). as one of the oldest healing modalities, ecstatic shaking is a great way to move through trauma into joy. for example, if a kid is having a temper tantrum, put on a fun song and get them to dance shake… by the end they will be giggly and exhausted.
e-motions are energy-in-motion. in order to be processed they must be fully expressed and released. shaking is an awesome and efficient way to move through any mood! also, it’s super fun source of cardio (while also looking like a crazy)
#ProTip : put on your favourite pump up song and shake it (for a full kundalini shake this would last 11 minutes 👻). try it out and post below about your experience !
as always, xo
#KundaliniShake #ShakeMedicine #DanceMedicine #ShakeTherapy #DanceTherapy #EcstaticShake #ShakeIt #EcstaticDance #DanceMontreal #HealingArts #Reiki #Bioenergetics #ShakeYourselfBeforeYouBreakYourself
instructing restorative yoga is like facilitating naptime. a deeply nourishing, expansive and proactive rest. in order for your body to *heal itself* it must be in a state of true relaxation. restorative yoga activates the parasympathetic nervous system (the rest and digest mode) that enables this healing to take place. restorative poses aim to gently alleviate fascial tightness and muscular tension, create openness by improving mobility/flexibility, and promote regenerative growth in soft tissue structures. on spiritual and emotional levels, by creating space in your body you are clearing the way of past emotion and trauma, and opening towards lightness and harmony.
even if you’re a cardio fanatic and LOVE the sweat and flow of vinyasa, it is crucial to slow down with at least one restorative session a week. this is when all the positive changes will be integrated in your bod, and you get the calm and cool that you deserve.
benefits of restorative yoga include immune system boost, balancing of the nervous system, increase of blood flow to vital organs, repair of damaged tissue, and feelings of euphoria and bliss. after I instruct a class everyone comes out looking super floaty and peaceful).. could be all the reiki too ;)
best part is, you can do restorative yoga at home (even in bed!)
JOIN ME for my weekly Quantum Meditations (Restorative Yoga + Reiki + Hypnosis for Manifestation and Healing) and bi-weekly Sunday Moon Shadow Series on the evenings of the NEW and FULL MOON (Restorative Yoga + Reiki + Breathwork + Shadow Work Guided Hypnotic Meditation). Online, contact email@example.com to register.
never have I felt such restorative euphoria, radical opening and inspiration, as I do when I witness the transition of day into night. it feels like a remembering, a momentary glimpse of Source, a reminder of the universe’s inherent yet inexpressible beauty, the mysterious divinity of sky..
every cell of my body is filled with the lightness of awe and I cannot help but feel an overwhelming gratitude.
studies show that the experience of awe and appreciation lower cortisol levels and increase dopamine and serotonin levels, in effect improving overall health and wellbeing.
protip: get your daily dose, go on a skywalk today!!