we all have a shadow side that exists as a part of the subconscious whole. it is the side of yourself that you cannot see clearly, or likely at all. it is formed by the conditionings, traumas and repressed emotions of the human experience. the shadow pops up in the most inopportune of moments (lol oops) in a shady attempt to sabotage our efforts to advance, heal, succeed. Shadow Work consists of illuminating the shadow — bringing into consciousness the unconscious, integrating it and healing the whole.
shadow work is like being the detective of your own personal psyche. it’s thrilling. it’s messy. and it can be fun! but more than anything it is SO important and worth it to reclaim your conditionings and transmute your challenges into STRENGTHS. transfer all that energy to work *for* you, rather than against you. this way your greatest obstacles become your greatest assets. it sounds cliché because it’s true!
the shadow may manifest as :
- toxic impulses + addictive habits
- lowvibe patterns, attracting same dysfunctional relationships / situations
- aggression, passive aggression
- fear, desire, anger, greed
- emotional outbursts + unproportional reactions
- emotional repression, denial of reality
- feelings of unworthiness, ego-centric delusion
in this introduction to shadow work we will be going through a series of thought exercises to illuminate your personal shadows with heart-centred restorative yoga postures, breathing exercises and hypnotic meditation with reiki assist.